Hi! I'm Lightbug, welcome to my web page. Here you'll find all the information related to all my assets (documentation, external resources and links, descriptions, and more).
Asset store page
Email (support): firstname.lastname@example.org
(I will try to answer as soon as i can. If you are in a hurry I recommed you to send me an email, it is the fastest way)
A handy physics tool useful to grab and manipulate any rigidbody in the scene (used in games like Amnesia and Penumbra).
- My assets (and probably most of the asset on the store) do not follow a "Try before buy" policy. Once you clicked the buy button there is no going back, so please make sure you are buying the asset you want (i'm open for questions 24/7, i can give you code examples, show you videos/gifs, whatever you need to make sure you're purchasing the asset you need for your project).
- Even if Unity says "We've got you covered", that doesn't mean anything, i still have the final word (this is the same for any asset on the store). So, please try to explain your problem/situation in a civilized way, so we can understand each other.
- I will authorize a refund for you only if the asset advertises something that it is not, for example, if some feature is not there, or doesn't even work (mistakes happen). If that's the case, then you can send me an email and ask for a refund, no problem at all.
- "I'm a beginner, sorry this asset is too much for me" or "Sorry, my kid purchased your asset by mistake" or similar arguments will not be considered as valid arguments
- Support is free or charge.
- Official support is given via email. Forum threads and chats (e.g. Unity connect) are not considered official support channels.
- I tend to reply relatively fast (within 12 hours), however sometimes this can be more than that depending on a lot of factors (unexpected situations, internet connection problems, etc.).
- Please, when asking for something try to be very clear and organized, by indicating the version of the asset and your Unity editor version.
- Questions related to the last version of a particular asset will have a higher priority. So, if your asset version is really old and you're asking me about an issue that has been fixed already, then i would encourage you to update (if possible).
- Every asset has some sort of "Readme" file in it. A common problem is that users tend to ignore any readme file included with the asset, especially when there is demo content involved. Please, before asking for support, or going in rant mode to leave a bad review on the asset store, take a breath and read the readme file. I tend to put a "OPEN ME" folder with a "README" text file. Don't worry, it won't make you lose your whole day, only half a minute.
- The minimum Unity editor version supported is the described in the asset store page. Never purchase some asset assuming it will work with an old version of Unity.
- If you still want to use some of my assets with an older version of Unity (your version < min Version), please ask first! Otherwise support is off the table (you'll need to update the editor).
- Every new Unity version brings a lot of new features, but also some bugs. Unfortunately for us (publishers) this is a big problem, the best we can do is to fix the version of our assets. So, please don't freak out, if this happens to you the best thing you can do is to send me an email describing your situation, that would help a lot (you and me).